Sunday, December 4, 2011

What a British Idea!

I met a friend and she came all the way from UK. She decided to stay here for a while (and maybe for good). Anyway, she shared some stories and facts about her experiences in UK. She had lived there for 8 years. And what an amazing accent! She speaks well and communicates well. On one of her sharing moments, she mentioned about this advent calendar that her child really enjoys every Christmas season. It was a December calendar where there are windows for each day of december. And you only get to open one window each day and inside those windows are... chocolates!

So out of that shared idea I thought why can't I do that too? It is really interesting and creative. It is something new for Lara, and she would be thrilled definitely! I just have to remind her that only one window can be opened each day. You know what? She was really excited when she saw it. She can't wait to open the other windows!

Here's what  I did: I inserted cardboard inside the advent calendar so that I can tuck in place the gifts I decided to give her everyday. It won't be expensive gifts because the windows are small. I listed down the things she would love and  bought them one by one. These are button artistic earrings, flat tops chocolates, pretty little hair clips, potchi, hearty messages from me, fortune teller notes (what to expect that day. it could be a call from her loved ones or friends), beaded bracelets, treasure hunt notes, trinkets for keeps, more chocolates, hair bands.. etc. And some windows don't have things inside yet. I am running out of small things to give her. Help! :)

And here's what it looks like:


No comments: