Monday, November 21, 2011

Trash or no trash

I'm a real sentimental type of person. I like keeping old things, let's just say, with sentimental values. Before throwing things out, I look at them first and my mind would automatically think of ways I can possibly reuse them. I even keep old papers just as long as they don't have writings on the back.
I'm also a bit of a neat freak (okay, some might react badly. YES, I'm one big hell of a clean and neat freak!) I like cleaning my home everyday, even if I'm tired from work. My mop is my closest friend. I don't like clutter. I hate dust. If my daughter has coughs and colds, I blame it on dirt first (no kidding). I like keeping things organized. If you want to piss me off, just go ahead and don't put my things on their proper places.
Is this an OC disorder? Perhaps I have the genetic tendency of having one. I think my mom has a mild case of it. It can help you sometimes but it can be extremely distressing.
Anyway, what am I talking about? I only want to share some ways we can reuse those things we usually consider trash.

Hmm.. that Strabucks on the go..
I now use it as a medicine holder/organizer.


And that toilet paper roll..

How about some of these things?
- an empty tissue box for your plastic grocery bags/brown paper bags
- shoe boxes to organize your bills or letters
- old mouse pads for kitchen countertops
- old contact lens case for your meds
- old-fashioned mugs as spoon/fork holder
- chocolate or wafer canisters for your child's colors and pens
There are lots of ways we can make use of our old stuffs. So better think twice before saying 'sayonara'.



No comments: